HOW TO CLASSIFY YOUR FURNISHED TOURIST ACCOMMODATION?
Are you an owner? Do you want to classify your furnished accommodation?
We are here to guide and assist you in your process.
WHAT IS A FURNISHED ACCOMODATION FOR TOURISM ?
Furnished tourist accommodation is a villa, flat or studio that is rented out to visitors who stay for a day, a week or a month and do not take up residence there.
Whether classified or not, the furnished accommodation must be declared to the town hall. Cerfa n°1404*04
Reminder of the legal context: Law n° 2009-888 of 22 July 2009 on the development and modernisation of tourist services and Decree n° 2009-1652 of 23 December 2009 implementing the law, redefined the procedure for classifying tourist accommodation. The decree of 2 August 2010 and the decree of 7 May 2012 complete this system and set the standards and the procedure for classifying furnished tourist accommodation with the classification reference for furnished tourist accommodation. On 24 June 2010, the Corsican Assembly adopted the procedures for the classification of tourist facilities. The final decision is taken by the President of the Executive Council of Corsica, who replaces the Prefect in establishing the classification (or downgrading) decision by decree, after the Corsican Tourist Agency has checked the completeness of the file.
THE CLASSIFICATION, AN OFFICIAL GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
In order to take into account the new requirements of the clientele, the classification by stars of the furnished tourist accommodation has evolved, integrating in particular criteria linked to sustainable development and digitalization. The decree of 24 November 2021, applicable since 1 February 2022, has set the standards and procedure for the classification of furnished tourist accommodation.
Classification is not compulsory to rent, but it is strongly recommended as it offers several advantages:
- A tax deduction of 71% instead of 50%.
- A commitment to the quality of your accommodation for your customers (from 1 to 5 stars)
- A tourist tax adapted to your accommodation
- A free publication on the website of the Corsican Tourist Agency
- A 5 year validity awarded in Corsica by the President of the Executive Council of Corsica
Cost of the service: 1 to 3 rooms 220€. – 4 to 5 rooms and more 270€.
50% deduction on the 2nd furnished unit (the largest unit will be taken as a reference)
Limit of 2000 € for 6 to 10 furnished units – Limit of 3000 € for 11 to 20 furnished units.
If counter visit, 50% of the total unit price
+ Travelling expenses: 0-10 km 25€ (round trip)
11-50 km 55€ (round trip)
+51 km 95€ (round trip)
HOW TO BE CLASSIFIED ?
5 steps to get the stars!
- I contact the Taravo Ornano Intercommunal Tourist Office on +33 7 50 66 65 56 or +33 6 38 30 44 29, an organisation approved by the French accreditation committee “AFNOR” to make an appointment with Vanessa Porcel and/or Josephine Marcucci or by e-mail: email@example.com
- I complete and send all the documents to be downloaded from our website.
In the section “Download the classification application form” which includes (3 files) :
- THE CLASSIFICATION ORDER FORM
- INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOMMODATION
- APPLICATION FORM FOR ATC CLASSIFICATION
Your file will be considered complete when it includes the payment for the classification visit plus all the documents duly completed and signed.
3. I pay by cheque or bank transfer. (Cheque made out to OTI Taravo Ornano Trésor Public)
Once payment has been made, the Classification Department will contact you to arrange a date for the visit and will provide you with a paid invoice on the day of the visit.
You will receive a professional who will visit your property in your presence or that of your representative. If you are unable to attend, please give 48 hours’ notice of any scheduled visit.
4. I will receive the inspection report with the proposed classification decision within 1 month.
5. I have 15 days to refuse the decision. After this period, the classification is acquired. Your official classification is pronounced for a period of 5 years.